Last Updated: March 13, 2019
Who We Are. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, BoardOnTrack is the controller of the personal data/information you provide to us (“Data Controller”). As a Data Controller, we process the personal information we maintain about you in accordance with this Policy.
Must-Read Sections. We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “Legal Basis for Processing,” “International Data Transfer,” and “Information Choices and Changes.”
Changes to This Policy. We reserve the right to update and/or change the terms of this Policy, and as such we will post those change to our Website homepage at https://boardontrack.com so that our users and/or visitors are always aware of the type of information we collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances, if any, we may disclose such information. If at any point in time BoardOnTrack decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated and consented to when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether or not to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
WHAT WE COLLECT
There’s a range of information we need to collect about you so that we can operate BoardOnTrack. This information may include:
- Voluntary Information. We may collect your name, organization information, address, email address, role or title, phone number, billing and/or credit card information, as well as other information you directly give us on BoardOnTrack, which may be used when you access our free resources or purchase products and/or services and to deliver the Services you have requested. This Website shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide consent for by way of completed customer or contact forms, surveys, purchases, and emails.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when visiting our Website, automatically collected information may include third party tracking technologies and server logs. We may also gather information about your computer hardware and/or software. Such collected information may include, but may not be limited to your IP address, browser type, domain name, access time, and various website addresses.
- Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your device by a website. We may use both session cookies (used to store data for the session) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on BoardOnTrack. See below for the specific types of cookies we use and their respective purposes.
WHAT WE DO WITH THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To assist in the operation of our Website and to ensure delivery of the Services you need and request.
- To maintain and improve our Services.
- To send you promotional communications. These may include emails to inform you of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you on the Website, information regarding upcoming live or virtual events, surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or possible new services that are offered or may be offered, social notifications, or other newsletters depending on your settings. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.”
- To send you administrative communications. These may include administrative emails, email notifications regarding your team’s activities within the Platform, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support.
- To process payments you make via BoardOnTrack.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers (i.e. third party processors) who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, learning management software, and other similar services. We require that our third-party service providers use your personal information only to provide the services we’ve requested. These third party service providers may be located outside the European Union. BoardOnTrack does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent, or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
This section addresses the legal basis for processing your information if you reside outside the United States (within the United States, you typically provide consent when you receive notice of this Policy in a website link). Some processing is addressed in multiple sections because more than one legal basis may apply depending on the circumstances or service.
We collect and process your personal information for a variety of purposes outlined in this Policy. In certain cases, separate consent is not required, including:
- For Performance of a Contract. To perform our contractual obligations to you, including but not limited to fulfilling orders or purchases you have made (including processing of payment), contacting you in relation to any issues with your purchase and provision of the Services, where we need to provide your personal information to our service providers, where we need to collect personal information from third party sources and when you access third party products and services, where we collect data from third parties, or to aggregate and centralize data for the performance of the Services.
- To Meet Legal Obligations. To comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation.
- For Legitimate Interests. To operate our business and provide the Services, other than in performing our contractual obligations to you for BoardOnTrack’s “legitimate interests” for the purposes of applicable law – except where overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
- Consent As a Basis For Processing. In some cases, we will ask for your consent to process your personal information. You may indicate your consent in a number of ways, including, as permitted by law, ticking a box (or equivalent action) to indicate your consent when (i) providing us with your personal information through our Services or a form; or (ii) registering or creating an account with us.
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we’re referring to data and information that doesn’t permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to BoardOnTrack.
INFORMATION THAT MAY BE VISIBLE TO OTHER USERS
If you have a member account on the BoardOnTrack Platform or Community forum within the Platform, then certain information may be visible to other BoardOnTrack members, including your name, address, organization information, and links to your professional and personal online sites.
You can control the information that is visible on the BoardOnTrack Platform by adjusting the information and settings in your member account under “Settings”. And you can control the information that is visible on the BoardOnTrack Community in your Community profile. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Platform, Community forum, or Website.
Vanilla Forums. We use Vanilla Forums, a third party, cloud-based community forum software, to provide and manage our member BoardOnTrack Platform Community accounts. To learn more about the information collected by Vanilla Forums, please visit https://vanillaforums.com/en/legal/privacy-policy/
We use several types of cookies on BoardOnTrack:
- Essential/Required Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website. These enable the navigation and basic functionality of the Website.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use the Website and Services. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on BoardOnTrack.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to BoardOnTrack and how users use the Website. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our Website, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve BoardOnTrack.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the Website or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from BoardOnTrack with your browser settings. For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section. Here are links for popular browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how BoardOnTrack works for you.
We use Google Analytics, a service that collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Opt-out. You can contact us any time to opt-out of (a) email communications, newsletters, or promotional communications, (b) any new processing of your personal information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose, or (c) the transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Are (EEA). Please note that your use of some of the Website or Services may be ineffective upon opt-out. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Access. You can access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Move. Your personal information is portable — i.e. you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear (a) what personal information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting the change or deletion unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
When you receive promotional emails from us, you can also unsubscribe or opt-out by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You can’t opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using BoardOnTrack, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal information in order to provide you with access to BoardOnTrack. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in line with this Policy, please do not use BoardOnTrack.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through BoardOnTrack or otherwise to us. For example, do not send us or insert sensitive personal data in your online member account or any other BoardOnTrack form or application process. Providing your racial or ethnic origin within your member profile within the BoardOnTrack Platform requires specific consent with the option to opt out of providing this sensitive information. Please do not send us your racial or ethnic origin information through any other online form or application process that does not specifically request your consent.
MINORS AND CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
BoardOnTrack is not directed at children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us at email@example.com and we will delete such information as soon as reasonably practicable.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, AND TESTIMONIALS
We often receive comments, feedback and testimonials from users who have had positive experiences with our Services, and we occasionally publish them. By posting online or sharing with BoardOnTrack any comments, feedback, or testimonials, you grant us your consent to publish on a public area of the Website or other asset we produce.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please note that this Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control or to people that we do not employ or manage. Our Services may provide a link or otherwise provide access to Third Party Websites. We provide these links merely for your convenience. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for Third Party Websites, their content, or any goods or services available through the Third Party Websites. Our Policy does not apply to Third Party Websites, and any data you provide to Third Party Websites, you provide at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Third Party Websites with that you interact with.
BoardOnTrack shall endeavor to take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with storage and transmission of personal data.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS