1. Believe in and be an active advocate and ambassador for the values, mission, and vision of BOT.
2. Work with fellow board members to fulfill the obligations of board membership.
3. Behave in ways that clearly contribute to the effective operations of the Board of Trustees: Focus on the good of the organization and group, not on a personal agenda Support board decisions once they are made. Participate in an honest appraisal of one’s own performance and that of the boardBuild awareness of and vigilance towards governance matters rather than management.
4. Attend board and committee meetings in accordance with the absenteeism policy. Prepare for these meetings by reviewing and bringing the materials to meetings. If unable to attend, notify the board or committee chair.
5. Be prepared to contribute approximately 8-10 hours per month toward board service which includes:
– Attending a month board meeting (2 hours)
– Participating on a board committee (2 hours)Reading materials, preparing for meetings (1 hour)Attending events at the school, assisting with fundraising and other ambassador tasks as needed (1-2 hours)
6. Keep informed about the organization and its issues by reviewing materials, participating in discussions, and asking strategic questions.
7. Actively participate in one or more fundraising event(s) annually.
8. Use personal and professional contacts and expertise for the benefit of BOT.
9. Serve as a committee or task force chair or member.
10. Give an annual financial contribution and support capital campaigns at a level that is personally meaningful.
11. Inform the Board of Trustees of BOT of any potential conflicts of interest, whether real or perceived, and abide by the decision of the board related to the situation.